The Olive Branch Retreat is the place for things that matter most – your loved ones and you.
Welcome to your place to connect. We’re honored and thrilled to provide a place where people come together to be inspired, nourished, and even enlightened. It’s a playful, joyful, soulful destination built for you, your family, and your friends.
The Olive Branch has been remodeled from what used to be a convent to an ‘old world’ style dwelling to enjoy family and friends. The bedrooms are tucked privately into two separate wings. The gathering space, dining room, screened porch, breakfast porch and kitchen are large in scale and furnished with an antique decor for entertaining and relaxation. A chapel, large outdoor space and renovated chicken barn complete the amenities.
Nature surrounds the property. Walking trails are private throughout and run adjacent to 1100 acres of state land. Fishing on Fuller Lake is always a good catch. Adventure Canoeists can connect to Lake Hennessy from Fuller Lake.
Click to view the layout:
Room Retreats and Quiet Corners
Areas Where You Can Make the Most of Your Retreat:
- Seven Sleeping Spaces plus pullouts – enough to comfortably sleep 22 guests
- Two full Bathrooms and one 3/4 Bath
- Library loaded with reading material
- Sitting Room with TV & DVD player for movies; game closet for games & an art table for creativity
- Large Gathering Room with fireplace and breathtaking view to Fuller Lake
- Large Breakfast Porch with walkout to Lakeside Patio
- Kitchen stocked with utensils, cookware & dishes
- Coffee Bar – coffee, tea and syrups provided
- Attic for playing hide & seek and imaginary play
- Repurposed Chicken Barn with Half Bathroom, wet bar, wood stove and view of the lake
- A fire pit for s’more-making and great conversation
- Bishop Peter W. Bartholome Chapel for quiet reflection
- Lakeside: Fishing boat, two canoes, vintage pontoon, boat dock to fish from and swim dock
Vacation Rental Amenities
• 1 King Bed, 3 Queen Beds, 5 Twin Beds, 3 Queen Sofa Sleepers,
2 Single Sofa Sleepers
• Bed linens are provided. Please bring your own towels.
• 2 stall Garage
• 2 Canoes / paddle boat / vintage pontoon
• Screened Porch
• Dock/Boat Slip
• View (Lake)
• Full Kitchen
• Outdoor Patio
• Game Room
• 2 Refrigerators
• Coffee Maker
• Food Processor
• Charcoal Grill
• MP3 Docking Station
• TV (for movies and hook up for gaming)
• DVD Player
• Boating (onsite)
• Yard Games (onsite)
• Hunting (<1 mile)
• Shopping Area (15 miles)
• Canoeing (onsite)
• Restaurant (1 mile)
• Zoo (15 miles)
• Fishing (onsite)
• Snowmobiling (5 miles)
• Bicycling (20 miles)
• Hiking (onsite)
• Golf (15 miles)
• Miniature Golf (25 miles)
• Grocery Store (15 miles)
• Winery (25 miles)
• Lake (onsite)
• Movie Theater (15 miles)
Other Vacation Rental Amenities
The remodeled Chicken Barn offers an extended space for additional fun and features a half bath, wet bar and fire pit.
Grey Eagle has over 20 lakes. The hometown conveniences include; restaurants, hardware stores, post office, library, and churches.
Sauk Centre is just 15 minutes away offering all your shopping needs, Raceway, theatre and parks.
Alexandria extends it’s shopping, dining and hometown offerings just 35 minutes from Grey Eagle.
A winery is a short car ride away for a fun half day trip.